Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Graham Graham is offline

Default Blinking monitor

On Jul 1, 11:48*pm, Bill wrote:
Graham wrote:
had the same .. started getting green screens and loss of video

The small square board located at the back *of the tube, that
combines *the tube socket is a good place to *start looking for 'dry
solder joints' *..... close inspection with a eye glass will most
likely show them up ..... re solder and proceed to *tap with insulated
'wand' while looking at the screen , you should be able to *locate the
rough area ... re-solder and repeat till tube stop's flickering ....

G ..

I agree with the initial approach of the CRT board, but that is not it,
since only the bottom 50 lines or so are affected, losing sync, so it is
probably on one of the main boards. In 1982 I tried the TV repair
business and opened a shop just about the time TV's became throw aways,
bad timing.
I have also been nailed by the 25,000 volts on the big screen sets, and
after being kicked across the room once I got real careful. If it isn't
a solder problem it may just be a thermally sensitive chip, and if it is
too much work I will take it to the local church and buy a new LCD
monitor for less heat.
Thanks though,
Bill Baka

I will take it to the local church .... lol what dose that say about
church people ?

mine had bands of lines , all sorts of odd things .. been running fine
since

still reckon you'll find it with a can of frezer , small tapping stick
and a eyeglass