Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I need some shaft coupling ideas

On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 14:27:22 -0500, "justme" wrote:

Folks, I am wanting to couple a square shaft (~.310inches) to a pulley of ~
2 to 4 inches in diameter with ~ .500 or .625 hole for the drive of this
pulley.

In other words, I need to go from a square shaft to a pulley.

If I can't do that, I guess that I will have to butt the shaft up to a motor
whereby the motor's shaft will be round.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

jb

Broached adapters are available from Browning, Martin, Gates etc

Gunner

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an
unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.