Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Shotgun chamber D reamer?

Gunner Asch wrote:

Thats what I do with my H. Piffer. It came out of Africa..was a
"forageing gun", shotgun on one side, rifle on the other, double
hammers. The previous owner never did tell me what the rifled caliber
was, but the barrel was sans any rifeling, so he sent it off to Oregon
somewhere and had it rebored and rerifled to 40-64 Winchester, an
evidently safe conversion considering Ive fired several thousands of
rounds through that side.

I got about 10 boxes of ...humm...cant rember the manufacture...RWS?
2.5" shotshells, and Ive been shooting them up and reloading them on a
MEC that I modified to load the short paper cases.

But its a pain in the ass anymore and I probably should ream it that
extra 1/4" and forcing cone. Shrug...when I get a 'round tuit"

Sounds like a neat gun, one barrel short of being a drilling and a bit lighter than one.

Wes