Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Slightly OT. Heat and a Bench Light ...

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message
On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 02:08:27 +0100, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

Potential fire hazard, or am
I just being paranoid ? Does this need bringing to someone's attention ?

You might have a point, however I find it odd that you're using a 75
or 100 watt incandescent bulb in a desk lamp.

You're mis-understanding me, I think. I'm not using a 75 or 100 watt bulb.
I'm using a 60 watt bulb, as specified for the lamp, and always have done.
Up until now, they have always been the 'standard' tennis ball sized type.
The smaller ones that I have been buying lately, are still rated at 60
watts, but in my opinion, put out the *heat* of a standard-sized 100 watt
bulb.

Arfa