Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Slightly OT. Heat and a Bench Light ...

In article ,
Baron wrote:
I've seen electric heaters repaired with those plastic choc-blocks put
in them. I once had an old lady ask me to look at one. She said it
smells funny and there is something dripping out of the back. The
plastic surround had almost compleatly gone and the connections were
hanging in mid air. I had a go at the guy who repaired it and was
un-politely told to sod off........ Sadley there weren't the consumer
protections in those days !

There's no difference from a choc block than any other screw connector -
like those found in sockets, etc. Make a poor connection or use an
incorrectly rated one and it *will* give trouble.

--
*Certain frogs can be frozen solid, then thawed, and survive *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.