Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Baron[_2_] Baron[_2_] is offline

Default Slightly OT. Heat and a Bench Light ...

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 02:08:27 +0100, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

Potential fire hazard, or am
I just being paranoid ? Does this need bringing to someone's attention
?

You might have a point, however I find it odd that you're using a 75
or 100 watt incandescent bulb in a desk lamp. I have a few here and
they all specify 60 watts maximum. I guess that applies only to the
old large bulbs.

I don't know about Arfa's lamp, but mine never had any warnings about
bulb size ! I do know that at a pinch you could get a 150 W bulb in
there. Indeed on the odd occasion I have done just that.
Interestingly I recall that the light output was actually poorer with
the bigger bulb. Probably because the filament was considerably
further away from the shade/reflector.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.