Posted to rec.woodworking
p4o2 p4o2 is offline

Default Baseball bats

So many people (players, umpires, fans) get hit with parts of broken
bats that it seems like a simple solution exists. I am not a
woodworker so I can not judge the problems with drilling a very small
hole in the center of the bat (or the piece of wood that would be
turned into the bat) down the lenght of the bat. If this could be
done, a polymer fiber (nylon, polycarbonate, etc.) placed in this hole
would hold all the pieces of a broken bat together and prevent most of
the injuries.

Any technical woodworking problems in doing this?