Posted to rec.woodworking
Gary Dean Gary Dean is offline

Default Truly waterproof glue and waterproof finish

Thanks Fellas

There are some very useful suggestions in there and will get back to you
when I have finished the bath and given it a season or two to weather in.
Gary

Gary Dean wrote:
I am probably daft for even considering it, but I am thinking of
building a wooden bird bath to stand permanently in my garden. Can
anyone tell me if there is a glue out there that will stand being
constantly immersed in water and is there a finish that will waterproof
and preserve the timber without poisoning the birds or tainting the water?

While I have your attention any suggestions as to the timber?

Gary(UK)