Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Truly waterproof glue and waterproof finish

"Gary Dean" wrote in message
I am probably daft for even considering it, but I am thinking of building a
wooden bird bath to stand permanently in my garden. Can anyone tell me if
there is a glue out there that will stand being constantly immersed in
water and is there a finish that will waterproof and preserve the timber
without poisoning the birds or tainting the water?

While I have your attention any suggestions as to the timber?

Gary(UK)

I'd line the inside with glass cloth and polyester resin, same as used for
boats.