Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave, I can't do that Dave, I can't do that is offline

Default Prepping and painting angle iron

Hi Ed,

Can anybody give me advice or talk about their experiences working
with angle iron?

I built an 8' x 5' trailer out of angle iron about 6 years back. I
didn't bother with the cleaning crap, just undercoated with a metal
primer then a finish gloss enamel. The thing has been used to haul
dirt, gravel, lawn tractors and myriads of other stuff.

I regularly loan it to friends and neighbors. It has been backed into
twice in parking lots where people have not seen it in their center
review mirror and the paint looks as good as it did when I brushed it
on. The only paint that looks crappy is the galvanized fenders as it
has dropped off in patches.

Is it a work trailer, or show trailer? Save your energy and time for
something more useful. It is a big enough pain brushing it twice
without adding to the drama.

Just my 2c.

Dave