Posted to rec.woodworking
cavelamb himself[_4_] cavelamb himself[_4_] is offline

Default Truly waterproof glue and waterproof finish

Gary Dean wrote:

I am probably daft for even considering it, but I am thinking of
building a wooden bird bath to stand permanently in my garden. Can
anyone tell me if there is a glue out there that will stand being
constantly immersed in water and is there a finish that will waterproof
and preserve the timber without poisoning the birds or tainting the water?

While I have your attention any suggestions as to the timber?

Gary(UK)

West Epoxy will satisfy all you asked for, but it will still need
something to protect it (and the wood) from UV.

Richard