Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Prepping and painting angle iron

On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 16:42:35 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Leo
Lichtman" quickly quoth:

"Larry Jaques" wrote: Leo, it's a freakin' utility trailer, not a $45,000
classic car paint
job, fer chrissake. You don't want to hide the true nature of the
vehicle, do you?

Sheesh, and I thought _I_ was anal at times...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Larry, I didn't think I was being anal. I was trying to show off my
knowledge by "clarifying" something that was in an earlier post.

Well, it was a joke, but, since you're _clearly_ upset, you're
definitely anal about it. So solly. bseg

BTW, since it's a freakin' utility trailer, I wouldn't choose gloss
enamel--it just wouldn't look right. My point was that there is no down
side to using semigloss or flat paint on a trailer.

Ever looked at a trailer store? All the steel trailers are painted
either with gloss white or gloss black enamel, with an occasional
Mexichrome (aluminum paint) one tossed in for good measure. shrug

--
Jewish Zen:
Be here now. Be someplace else later. Is that so complicated, already?