Default circular saw into table saw?

I remember seeing the IronHorse at Lowes a few years back. Searched for them
online but can find no info on the company. Probably out of business.

If there are any clues on the table itself (ie, company address, parent
company name, etc), please post it here.

Thanks.

"Steven Bliss" wrote in message
m...
There are times when you NEED to use a makeshift saw like that. For
instance, I was stationed in Hawaii where all I had was a carport to work
with. Every time I used the saw, it had to be put back in the storage

shed
at the end of the day, along with all the other tools. I was using one

made
by IronHorse with a Porter Cable 8 1/2" blade. I actually used it for 3
years before moving back across the big pond. Made many a very nice

project
with it. Usually, it was my inexperience that was holding me back, and

not
the quality of the saw! It IS safe, if you use the guards that come with
it, and, of course it was a little troublesome to keep dialed in. The
military only gives you so much weight to move when it comes time to

leave,
so I was glad I didn't have the 300 lb+ saw to deal with...but I made up

for
it with the furniture I built. As a matter of fact, I still have the

table.
Heavy duty enough to use for my sanding station! That saw taught me that
you don't always have to have top of the line tools to make a decent
project. Just have to have the time to work with it!
"Ramsey" wrote in message
Excellent advice Ernie.

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 22:58:09 GMT, "Ernie Jurick"
wrote:

"WhiteMoth" wrote in message
. ..
Hi all,

I'm new here, so please forgive if this has been answered before. I'm
looking to save some money, and some friends have told me that they
converted their hand-held circular saw into a table saw. I'm

wondering
if
anyone knows of either (a) plans for doing so efficiently and safely,

or
(b)
a company that makes an inexpensive pre-fab unit where you just plug

in
the
circular saw. I'm using a 10 inch Black and Decker circular saw.

Resist the temptation. You'll wind up with a half-assed semi-table saw

that
will be far more frustrating and dangerous than it's worth. Save up for

real one.
-- Ernie