Posted to rec.woodworking
LRod[_2_] LRod[_2_] is offline

Default O/T: Star Nine (AKA: *9) Is Retired

On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 23:44:01 GMT, "Lew Hodgett"
wrote:

My condolences to you for your loss. My congratulations to your mother
for her longevity and her attitude.

I believe you were one of the parties involved in a thread a few
months back about advance directives and such. Seems to me NailGunBob
and Swing were, too. There was lots of good info in that thread, not
all of which I've been able to implement with my mother yet.

However, let me hijack and update. To refresh, my mother lives in a
condo above her sister 250 miles south of us and she'll be 89 in
August. Three weeks ago, she called and said she was in the hospital .
The long and short of the visit was they discovered a tumor in her
aschending colon and she would need surgery.

We went down there and spent nearly two weeks, some in the hospital
some helping after she got hom. Fortunately it was done
laparascopically and 11 days post-op she boarded an airplane with her
sister for their annual trip to Western NY where they spend the summer
with their three other sisters. To say there's fire, spunk, and
determination in that old bird would be an understatement.

I have long given up trying to get her to move closer, but the
importance of advance directives and HIPPA waivers with every medical
transaction was clearly driven home to her. There'll be quite the
conversation when she comes back South in September.

Best wishes, Lew. I hope your kids have *9 programmed, too.

You had a good run Ma, you left it all on that
playing field we call "Life".

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
http://www.normstools.com

care to correspond with you anyway.