Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What's going to happen with Ethanol?

I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos showed that Bruce L. Bergman
wrote on Fri, 04 Jul 2008 00:09:21
-0700 in rec.crafts.metalworking :
On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 "RAM³" wrote:
"*" wrote:

My guess is that it would be just as lethal to drink even if the taxes
WERE paid.......

Everclear - "pure" (95%) grain-derived Ethanol - is a nice, mild, drink by
itself and provides only a mild dilution effect to mixers. G

Try it some time!

But extreme care MUST be exercised with high proof "liquid dynamite"
like that - a little bit goes a long way, and a lot gulped down fast
can easily be enough to kill you before you start feeling the effects.

Been there, watched that. What's the old expression "Drunk as
only a college freshman can be"?

Only in this case, it was High School, at a military base in
Europe, and a half bottle of anise. Chugged down by a lad with more
testosterone than smarts (the group which ruin things for the other
2%). He passed out, but didn't stop breathing, had a pulse in the
low 60s. but we called for an ambulance anyway. We were more
concerned that the youth center director would find us before the
ambulance arrived. Eh, it was the 70s.
Sigh, the things we survive, which scared the bejeebers out of us,
that we look back on as mere "youthful scrapes"

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
"I had just been through hell and must have looked like death warmed