Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Lathe tooling, pictures "before" and "after"

On Jul 2, 9:59 pm, Ignoramus14593 ignoramus14...@NOSPAM.
On 2008-07-03, Michael Koblic wrote:
"Ignoramus14593" wrote in message

And it does not interfere with tool use, like LPS-3.

I did not know that. I use LPS3 for storage only. How does it interfere with
tool use?

Thick, messy film.

Rustlick 631 isn't bad for indoor tools. It's light and clear like
WD-40 but actually protects the metal.

I mix LPS-3 with kerosine and apply it with a pump spray bottle
because the aerosol cans are expensive, messy and wasteful. It
separates when diluted and should be shaken before use. The thinned
mixture runs into cracks better and doesn't leave as much of the
sticky buildup that collects dust.

LPS-3 seems to greatly reduce corrosion on galvanized roofing. Some of
the sheets of it from HD had rust spots from trapped water. It was all
they had, discontinued, and they gave me a discount on it. It hasn't
visibly deteriorated in 3 years of exposure.