Posted to alt.home.repair
HVACTECH2 HVACTECH2 is offline

Default Heat pump in basement?

On Wed, 2 Jul 2008 18:32:44 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

I live in the upper Hudson River Valley(Albany, NY). The temperature
in the winter hovers around 25 degrees for about 2 months. My full
basement stays around 55 degrees. I know that it is considered very
impractical to install it outside. What are the pros and cons of
installing an air source heat pump in the basement? The relative mild
temperature there should allow for very efficient heating.
Richard

It would never work, Think about it, what does a heat pump do? your
basement would end up as cold as outside.