Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Mannix Bob Mannix is offline

Default Trunking and making holes

"George" wrote in message
m...

"mo" wrote in message
Hi DIY fans Have 2 questions

First, have a plank of wood (about 2 metres by 15 cm). It is about 1.5cm
thick.

I need to scre it onto the wall and I have allocated and screwed out 5

holes
on the plank t - which is where I wil lscrew through the wood and into
the
wall

Question is what is the ebst way to accuratley drill into the wall behidn

so
the holes in the wood match up with the ones I need o nthe wall?

I see 2 options
try and draw out the wood on the wall and hope it is accurate

Use a pencil like device - put it through the hoels and make a mark that
way - problem is no pencil has a tip of 1.5cm to go through the wood and
also the holes are fairly small - is there a device designed to do this?

Cor! thats an hard question.

Not really, use a drill bit that fits the hole loosely, get the wood in
place, dab the back end of the drill bit in shoe polish and poke through the
holes.

That's the quick way, for a more perfect job, drill plug and fix to the
first hole, level wood and mark last as above, drill plug and secure then
mark the other intermediate holes as above.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)