Posted to alt.home.repair
franz fripplfrappl franz fripplfrappl is offline

Default Heat pump in basement?

On Wed, 02 Jul 2008 18:32:44 -0700, wrote:

I live in the upper Hudson River Valley(Albany, NY). The temperature in
the winter hovers around 25 degrees for about 2 months. My full basement
stays around 55 degrees. I know that it is considered very impractical
to install it outside. What are the pros and cons of installing an air
source heat pump in the basement? The relative mild temperature there
should allow for very efficient heating. Richard

At one time I had a Thermastor heat pump water heater in the basement.
It worked quite well to heat the water. Not only did it dehumidify the
basement efficiently, it also turned it into a walk-in cooler.

Basement temp ended up around 55F.

Franz Fripplfrappl