Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Lobby Dosser Lobby Dosser is offline

Default Turning while Camping

Ralph E Lindberg wrote:

In article 6Kyak.88$dz.52@trndny01,
Lobby Dosser wrote:

"Leo Lichtman" wrote:

"Arch" wrote: (clip)YMMV, but to me it's sad that people go to
places of historical interest
or exotic geography and spend their entire stay in a Holiday Inn.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I wholeheartedly agree. I still remember camping in Yosemite
Valley, and seeing the setup at a nearby campsite: two families
pitched their tents face to face, surrounded the space with tarps,
and sat inside playing cards.

Want to do woodturning? Stay home. Or you could construct a large
enclosed trailer, with a complete shop inside. Besides selling
your turnings to the campers, you could probably get additional
revenue by putting beer ads on the outside surfaces. For the
sarcasm impaired: TIC.

Considering the cost of fuel and the mpg of most of those rigs, it
may come to beer ads on the side for many of them!

Laying aside the idea, never do the concept. Why, many states would
then consider the rig a "commercial" rig and require you have a CDL,
etc (yes I know people this has happened to)

Sheeesh!!