Posted to uk.d-i-y
George George is offline

Default Trunking and making holes

"mo" wrote in message
Hi DIY fans Have 2 questions

First, have a plank of wood (about 2 metres by 15 cm). It is about 1.5cm
thick.

I need to scre it onto the wall and I have allocated and screwed out 5

holes
on the plank t - which is where I wil lscrew through the wood and into the
wall

Question is what is the ebst way to accuratley drill into the wall behidn

so
the holes in the wood match up with the ones I need o nthe wall?

I see 2 options
try and draw out the wood on the wall and hope it is accurate

Use a pencil like device - put it through the hoels and make a mark that
way - problem is no pencil has a tip of 1.5cm to go through the wood and
also the holes are fairly small - is there a device designed to do this?

Cor! thats an hard question.

Line the wood up to were you want it,hold it there and drill straight
through one of the holes in the wood and into the wall.
Then put in a rawl plug and screw the wood onto the wall,then drill other
holes whilst keeping the wood firmly in place against the wall.
If for some unkown reason you don't want to do it this way? find a thin
round bladed unused screwdriver and file its end to a sharp point and use it
like a bradawl.