Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mo Mo is offline

Default Trunking and making holes

Hi DIY fans Have 2 questions

First, have a plank of wood (about 2 metres by 15 cm). It is about 1.5cm
thick.

I need to scre it onto the wall and I have allocated and screwed out 5 holes
on the plank t - which is where I wil lscrew through the wood and into the
wall

Question is what is the ebst way to accuratley drill into the wall behidn so
the holes in the wood match up with the ones I need o nthe wall?

I see 2 options
try and draw out the wood on the wall and hope it is accurate

Use a pencil like device - put it through the hoels and make a mark that
way - problem is no pencil has a tip of 1.5cm to go through the wood and
also the holes are fairly small - is there a device designed to do this?

Secondly, I need soem truning and due to legth I need the best optio nseems
to be self adhesive on a roll. I need to trunk 2 telephone wires and a
network cable - so not too thick

Is this stuff on a roll any good and how to you go around corners? i.e ones
that stick in and out? And what about right angles?

thanks