Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default How to get into PIP mode

"hr(bob) " wrote in message
On Jul 1, 6:01 am, Adrian C wrote:
Adrian C wrote:
William Sommerwerck wrote:

Good luck finding the remote you need. You probably won't.

The news is not that grim....
There are plenty of companies that distribute compatible remotes for
sets that are not covered by the dollar shop universals, say for strange
additional button requirements.

Try MCM Electronics. They claim ...

"MCM is an authorized distributor for Thomson Consumer Electronics. We
have access to virtually every remote they offer. Please contact your
salesperson"

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/search.aspx?M=01005369

Adrian C

Thanks!!

I don't think those who replied got the point I was making. You'll have no
trouble finding a remote labelled as being right for your TV. The "catch" is
that the advanced functions MIGHT NOT BE SUPPORTED.

I'll contact MCM today. I bet they won't have the remotest idea what I'm
talking about.

I just purchased a GE remote that includes a locator device (principally for
that). * I ran through every one of the dozen codes supplied for Toshiba
TVs -- and not one of them had either the 0, or anything beyond displaying
the PIP. (You can't select what the PIP displays.)

* You won't believe this, but Home Despot had the lowest price, including
anyone on the Web.