Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Blinking monitor

wrote in message
Nowadays i m facing a new problem. My PC's monitor blinks(it goe blank
and after a second the screen revives), this heppens atleast 3-4 times
an hour.
Can anyone help me out of this problem??

Not enough info. CRT type monitor? or LCD type ? Power indicator goes out /
changes colour ? Can be got back by thumping the unit ? Suddenly started
happening ? Getting worse or staying the same ? Any physical sound when it
goes off / comes back ? Goes off / comes back on quickly, or fades up / down
? Picture is perfect as soon as it comes back ?

Most likely problem, if its a CRT type, is a bad joint, although it could be
the power supply starting and stopping. If an LCD, it could be that the
backlight inverter is intermittently stopping.

Arfa