Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default How to get into PIP mode

On Jun 30, 12:32*pm, "N Cook" wrote:
William Sommerwerck wrote in message

. ..

You need a remote control with the PIP function.

It's interesting you brought this up, because I was just about to discuss
the fact that many remotes lack critical functions. For example, I've

never
found a universal remote that accesses the fancy features of my Toshiba
CZ-3299K. (Indeed, none of them support the 0 button!) It appears this is
because Toshiba failed or refused to supply these codes to Sony, GE, etc.

I will be contacting Toshiba shortly.

Good luck finding the remote you need. You probably won't.

How easy would it be to do something like the following for these too common
situations

IR detector reading the shrouded output of the non-universal remote, set up
with one of the main operational codes for the kit in question.
Gate out the function coding, leaving the ident code and gate in a fully
variable
pre-settable pulse sequence instead.
Buffer and output the recombination to another IR diode until you hit on a
functional auxiliary code and save that on a learing "universal" remote.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England
electronic hints and repair briefs , schematics/manuals list onhttp://home.graffiti.net/diverse:graffiti.net/

But, I think behind the fancy terminology, you mean to say I should
copy the signal from a "factory" remote to get into the PIP mode. I
would do that if I had the factory remote, but I don't have it so your
scheme is not good for me. Any other ideas?

Bob Hofmann