Posted to sci.electronics.repair
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default removing cleaner/degreaser discoloration?

In article , dke3591 wrote:
Hi,

I had to spray into the pots and slide switches of a portable and a
clock radio as they were getting mighty scratchy and cutting out when
adjusting volume. Of course, some leaked onto the outside plastic case
around the controls, leaving a small area of foggy whitish on the
black case. I noticed wiping the area with a damp cloth restores the
color for about 5 seconds, and then back to the foggy white when the
water evaporates. What can I use to safely remove the foggy residue.
I used Tech Spray Envi-ro-tech 1677. Strange it looks OK when it looks
wet. Thanks much.

Auto polish ?

Should have used 1667

greg