N. Thornton

Default Draughty sash windows - advice needed

fred wrote in message ...
In article , Dan
delaMare-Lyon writes
If you don't fancy DIY and are in a hurry - give a company called
"Ventrolla" a call (prolly web too).

They quoted 2500 inc vat to renovate all our sash windows - but on
closer in spection they were too fargone to save "sensibly" so we
removed tehm and had sympathetic UPVC replacements (as the sash
replacements were one arm, a leg, a kidney and a re-mortgage).

I'm surprised Dan, I bought a set of 5 wooden replacements (8'x4') for
about 250quid each plus about 400quid to glaze the lot in low-E DG units.
Ok, it was about 5 years ago, but I was amazed how cheap it was. Not
cheaply made units either, all have draught seals fitted in routed channels.

And used /reclaimed sash windows are around £70 a go. Glazed as well.

Regards, NT