Leon

Default Semi OT paint brushes - types and uses

"Robert Bonomi" bonomi@c-ns. wrote in message

That means you probably do _NOT_ have much experience with various kinds
of 'exotic' paints. Such as are used on fabric-covered aircraft. Or some
'concrete' paints -- I don't mean for painting concrete but _with_

concrete
(including quicklim) in the paint itself.

I guess you don't get it Robert. The original poster wants information on
the paints and stains for a house, period. And, you have not specifically
answered one question other than mentioning that some type brushes work
better than others with different paints. I believe that the original
poster is aware of that fundimental fact as he asked which brush to use with
which type paints or stains, which you have not yet answered.

You're obviously a first-class mind reader. Since the posting asked
"why do they exist".

HUH? Mind reader, I think not. ;~) He specifically asked, "What I would
like to know is what material (brush material) is suitable for what type of
application."
I was quite clear as to why to use one brush over another with specific
products concerning water and oil based products that are used around the
house.

By the way, do you want to try explaining _why_ natural hair brushes

still
exist today, since the other types are, according to you, suitable for

_any_
paint, and are far less expensive?

Just like anything else, there are products that some people prefer over
others. Natural hair brushes work well with oil based paints and absolutely
do not work with water based products. Who said anything about price
comparison?