Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
E Z Peaces E Z Peaces is offline

Default What is it? Set 238

R.H. wrote:
On Jun 26, 11:52 am, Roger Haar wrote:
Hi,

Item 238 looks a bit like an electroscope, but from the photo, there is
a lot that can not be seen. The foremost question is," is there a gold
leaf attached to the central hanging thing (or should there be)? What
is electrical isolated from what and how well? Do the side things slide
and are the hollow, with lenses? If the answers are yes to these
questions, this could be an electroscope used to measure ionizing
radiation. I have seen electroscopes mostly like this but with only one
side assembly.

Thanks
Roger Haar

I sent some questions about this device to the owner but haven't heard
back yet, I'll let everyone know when I get a reply.

Another tough set this week, I still don't know for sure what three of
them are. The answer page can be seen he

http://pzphotosans238.blogspot.com/

Rob

1341: I didn't see the post saying it might be for religion, but it
looks like it could be for a bedside Communion service.

For simplicity and sanitation, a priest in the Catholic tradition might
take a wafer with a dried spot of wine to a hospital patient. For
sanitary considerations, Baptist deacons will carry trays of tiny
glasses of grape juice to the congregation.

This device could be for an elegant bedside Communion service. The top
cup would be for wafers. The little cups look protected in the rack and
somewhat spillproof when removed. Brass is unbreakable, easy to clean,
and unfriendly to pathogens.