Phil

Default Ambient air cleaners

Here is the one I built about 10 years ago and still use. I stack 3 filters
on top of each other on each side. The inner filter still picks up fine
dust. I use the floor joist (basement shop) to duct clean air over the
tablse saw. If I had it to do over, I'd go to bigger filters. Mine are 16"
x 20", and a dust for a 3rd set of filter on the floor. When I do a lot of
work (not dust collector) I see a trail of dust on the floor of particles
that made it to the floor. Look at the bottom of this web page:

http://webpages.charter.net/pminmo/wood1.htm

Sir Edgar wrote:

I hope that this post doesn't get lost among all the OTs and troll posts
whcih seem to be appearing lately in great number.

After spending a few days cleaning my shop and equipment of fine dust
particles, I am considering buying an air cleaner. I would appreciate
comments from other wreckers who have them as to their operation. Are
they a worthwhile investment? Perhaps I should just buy a better bag for
my large DC. All comments and advice gratefully received. Thanks.

Peace ~ Sir Edgar
רררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררר