Igor

Default Building wine racking for my cellar

On 11 Aug 2003 12:08:27 -0700, (MikeQ) wrote:

I am in the process of constructing a wine cellar in my basement and I
am running into a few problems. I am unable to find any plans that
show the construction of custom individual bottle wine racks (see
example:
http://www.wineenthusiast.com/shoppi...9-11C96240FEC6).
I have found many plans for smaller racks or for "low cost" options
(PVC pipes, ceramic drain pipes, all plywood construction, etc.). I
am interested in making my racks from redwood to hold from 800-1000
bottles. I will be making diamond racks, standard shelf style racks
and individual bottle racks. I can handle the first 2 on my own but I
would like to find some plans for the individual bottle racks.

Believe me I have searched (I even read "How and why to build a wine
cellar") but the only actual plans I have found that come close is a
show on cellar construction on DIY. I was hoping to find something
with some detail, measurements, etc (The DIY show has the hosts' rough
sketches). Does anyone know where these plans can be found? I have
no problem paying for them (Free plans are great however).

Thanks for your help in advance,

Mike

I suppose we all like free stuff, but one might find some humor in a person
building his own wine rack for 800-100 bottles even mentioning finding a
free plan. But I digress. I learned here in the NG recently about the
power of the google images search engine. A search there for "wine rack
plan" turned up only 6 links. Here is one result:
http://www.gcwoodworks.com/wine_rack...rking_plan.htm. _Full scale_
plans for $12 (maybe plus S&H). BTW, I have seen a number of major wine
cellars and for individual bottle storage some of that is driven by
aesthetics -- i.e., there are numerous choices. That being said, the link
provides an answer based on what you posted. Good luck.