Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve Lusardi Steve Lusardi is offline

Default McMaster-Carr Reply

William,
I'm sorry I can't buy that excuse. I deal with ITAR issues everyday. I
understand the rules. It is not rocket science. The process is cumbersome
and at times takes 6 months to accomplish, but there is a list of what
requires the Dept. of State approval and what doesn't and 99% of the entire
McMaster-Carr catalogue is not on that list. So no, I cannot cut this outfit
any slack in this matter. This "IS" a support the troops issue. Please keep
in mind that APO/FPO addresses are domestic. The mail never leaves the
control of either the USPS or the DOD and the recipients are never outside
US Government personnel or facilities.
Steve

"William Noble" wrote in message

"Jim Chandler" wrote in message
After reading the post by Steve L. I wrote McMaster asking why they
wouldn't sell to individuals overseas. This is what I received from
them:

McMaster-Carr only accepts overseas orders from a few long-established
customers. We do not sell to private individuals outside of the United
States.

Donna

They don't seem to want to explain their position, just "That's the way
it is, live with it". I guess they have plenty of customers here so they
don't have to worry about it.

Jim

perhaps you have never seen the problems that come with a violation of
ITAR regulations, intentional or otherwise - not to mention all the other
export/import regulations - this is not a "support the troops" issue, this
is a "your government at work" issue - cut McMaster some slack