Bob Bowles

Default Semi OT paint brushes - types and uses

As natural bristle swells with moisture it is used for oil based stuff
and synthetic used for waterbased. I grew up with natural and thought
it was used for everything. Whichever product is used preload the
brush with proper solvent to avoid finish hardening near the ferrule
and it also eases cleaning.

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 09:47:25 -0500, "Kevin"
wrote:

I've been doing some reapir work and such around the house. Some of the
work involves painting and staining. Now there are brushes made of different
materials- natural bristle, horse, nylon, etc ...