Steve Knight

Default Ambient air cleaners

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 09:22:28 -0400 (EDT), (Sir Edgar) wrote:

Thanks for all the prompt responses and the good advice contained
therein. I read them all at breakfast this morning. I think that I wll
start looking for a suitable air cleaner to save my 79 year old lungs.
Also I will consider buying a better filter bag for my Delta DC.
Peace to all

the problem is they are always going to miss more air then they get. the dust is
going to get into your lungs. the only real solution is to vent the air outside
to replace the old or to work on a better DC system and catch the dust at it's
source. using a really good filter on the dc really helps. but having enough
airflow and redesigning the dc on machines so you get all of the dust takes care
of the problem. I don't have dust flying all over my shop anymore and I don't
need the air cleaner sitting in the corner now.
I make more fine dust then most people as I use tropicals so much. padouk is
about the worst at making extremely fine dust. a home built cyclone with good
cartridge filters and well designed collection does far better then when my dc
was outside the shop and was not designed well enough to get all of the dust.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
See