Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus27719 Ignoramus27719 is offline

Default McMaster-Carr Reply

I never ship anything overseas. (ebay context here)

Any foreign transaction, even if it ends with a payment, which is not
a given, was a headache that definitely was not worthwhile.

I cannot think of any past overseas transaction that I did not regret.

Therefore I say "No Foreign Bidders. No Exceptions".

I would not want to subsidize McMaster Carr's time spent filling out
customs forms and followup phone calls, etc.

Personally I do ship to APO, just out of respect for military, but I
understand why McMaster does not do it, then need to make money and
not **** around with mountains of forms.