Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Powercraft/Wolf 720 watt generator fault

On Jun 25, 12:07*pm, curls wrote:
On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 15:06:19 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

How much work do you want to do on such a low value genset? You could

It's mostly a matter of having a lot of spare time, combined with a fondness for repairing just
about anything if it's possible. Saving money is a bonus of course, even if it's only a few quid.

let the fun begin

start by multimetering the physical generator while running to see
what voltages are where, and resistance testing the same while not
running.

This is where my knowledge is lacking. I'm happier with spanners in my hands than a multimeter.

all you need do is measure everything possible on voltage setting with
it going, and on resistance with it stopped. We can interpret from
there.

NT