Kevin

Default Semi OT paint brushes - types and uses

I've been doing some reapir work and such around the house. Some of the
work involves painting and staining. Now there are brushes made of different
materials- natural bristle, horse, nylon, etc ... What I would like to know
is what material (brush material) is suitable for what type of application.
For example, if I am painting with acrylic latex would nylon or natural
brislte be preferred? I know I can go and look at some brushes and see that
they are labled - for latex, for oil-based paints and such but can anyone
offer some of the reasoning behind why some are preferred over others?
cleanup? ease of use?
Thanks,