Carolyn Marenger

Default Ambient air cleaners

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 23:08:56 -0400, Sir Edgar wrote:

I hope that this post doesn't get lost among all the OTs and troll posts
whcih seem to be appearing lately in great number.

After spending a few days cleaning my shop and equipment of fine dust
particles, I am considering buying an air cleaner. I would appreciate
comments from other wreckers who have them as to their operation. Are
they a worthwhile investment? Perhaps I should just buy a better bag for
my large DC. All comments and advice gratefully received. Thanks.

Peace ~ Sir Edgar
רררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררר

I'm following the lead of a friend of mine. He built his out of plywood
and bits found at flea markets. His air filters are standard furnace air
filters.

Basic design includes a blower (used) and a motor (from an old dryer)
connected with a fan belt. Plywood structure encasing the blower & motor
with a slot that fits a standard dollar store furnace filter beside the
blower's intake.

I think he said it cost him around $10 (Canadian), a couple hours
building, and part of a day rummaging around a yard sales and flea
markets. The latter he does anyway.

It seems to work quite well, the dust and other particles that make it
into the air do end up lining the air filters. My nose notices the
difference when it isn't turned on. How it compares to a commercial unit,
I can't say.

Carolyn