Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier Mikepier is offline

Default Installing surface mount dryer outlet question

Well, I was at Lowes this morning, and I looked at a regular dryer
receptacle, and some plastic old work boxes. They had a single gang
deep box I think it was about 20 cu in, and a double gang deep box
which was 34 cu in. The receptacle fit inside the single gang, but I
purchased both just in case. The retaining clips on these boxes look
strong, so it should be OK. Plus I'll try to throw a screw into the
stud.
This dryer is actually being installed in my vacation home in the
mountains 170 miles away, and the nearest hardware store is 15 miles
away, so I'm taking up whatever I think I need. I can always retuen
what I don't use.
Thanks for everyones help.