Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Powercraft/Wolf 720 watt generator fault

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 12:10:12 +0100, curls wrote:

I tried it with an 11 watt flourescent handlamp. Depending on how the
genny is feeling, it varies from nothing to full brightness.

Flourescent is a "nasty" load again like a motor and 11W isn't a big load.
Don't you have a nice tungsten lamp you can plug in? I suspect it might be
the regulator that has packed in. Have a dig about on the web, they aren't
rocket science maybe just a chunky diode and a capacitor. Probably a
single sealed unit but possibly available as a generic spare.

--
Cheers
Dave.