Posted to uk.d-i-y
curls curls is offline

Default Powercraft/Wolf 720 watt generator fault

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 10:12:54 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice" wrote:

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 12:07:59 +0100, curls wrote:

The output from this generator is low to non-existent. If I plug a 500
watt drill in, it might turn sometimes, but only between probably 10rpm
and 200rpm,

Motors require significantly more power to start than run, in the order of
2 to 3 times. Though as yours does try I'd expect it to spin up
eventually. If you give the motor a spin by hand does it run? Can the
genset power a simple load like a light bulb? If does 60W without problem
cobble together a few more to up the load.

I tried it with an 11 watt flourescent handlamp. Depending on how the genny is feeling, it varies
from nothing to full brightness.