Posted to uk.d-i-y
curls curls is offline

Default Powercraft/Wolf 720 watt generator fault

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 15:06:19 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

How much work do you want to do on such a low value genset? You could

It's mostly a matter of having a lot of spare time, combined with a fondness for repairing just
about anything if it's possible. Saving money is a bonus of course, even if it's only a few quid.

start by multimetering the physical generator while running to see
what voltages are where, and resistance testing the same while not
running.

This is where my knowledge is lacking. I'm happier with spanners in my hands than a multimeter.

I dont suppose its worthwhile to bodge the gen head onto the working
motor.

That was my original idea, but the crankshaft/armature shaft is a one piece thing, as are the
crankcase and one end of the generator case, so it's not feasible.

Still, I can always hack the armature off, stick a pulley on the shaft and use the engine to drive
something else. As the old saying goes, "It'll come in handy even if I never use it."

Thanks for all the replies.