Posted to alt.home.repair
The Reverend Natural Light The Reverend Natural Light is offline

Default Cost of HVAC system

On Jun 24, 2:09 pm, "John Grabowski" wrote:

Does the Ebay price also include the fittings and tubing and the gas to
charge the system?

The estimate actually listed "Flush existing lines". If someone
brought me a 39 year old car with a roached AC, I'd replace all the
lines. Must be why the warranty is only 1 year.

Maybe where you live the installer's employees will gladly pick up the
equipment and supplies on their own time. They are probably happy to
dispose of the old equipment in their off hours as well rather then be paid
to do it. A job like this will require two to three workers, but on TV it
only takes 10 minutes for a complete installation.

Their own time? They get almost 3,000 bucks!

And I really hope you're not defending them. It just smelled of what
you HVAC folks call a "hack".

Not like I know a thing about air conditioning, but I'd at least
expect the sales monkey to blow some sunshine up my ass and make me
feel like I'm getting my money's worth.