Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Sketchup - Mission Sideboard - Casework

Swingman wrote:

Looks like a good package. Since it doesn't run under Linux, I won't be
able to use it, but have been equivalently impressed with VariCAD vs.
TurboCAD. I can create a model much more quickly with VariCAD than I could
with TurboCAD. It may just be me and a different approach to using the
package, but it seems to go together much more quickly and intuitively.
Then, generating a 2D dimensioned drawing package is very straightforward.

I certainly agree with your vision of perspective statement. Being able
to render and rotate a 3D model is a real help in making design decisions.
Rendering is really neat when one can do so in a rendering of the setting
that the piece will be in and viewed from the height a person will see it.
I found that Blender works pretty well for this and it's free.