Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Sketchup - Mission Sideboard - Casework

Lee Michaels wrote:

"Swingman" wrote

"Dave in Houston" wrote in message

"Swingman" wrote in message

I'll put the doors on later, but the corbels ...

The corbels were easy ... it's the hardware that's tough! Still don't

have
a handle on the door pulls (NPI).

Lee Valley? Woodworkers Hardware?

Rockler ... the " mission" door pulls proved much harder to incorporate
into
a drawing at my current level of expertise. I'm still working on it.

I know that a few manufacturers do this already. But it would be real
nice if Rockler and other purveyors of cabinet hardware, etc. would
provide CAD components to their customers. Afterall, CAD drawing and
prototyping is used
much more every year. Maybe somebody who knows somebody could drop these
folks a hint.

At least Rob Lee would respond to the question.

I think a major issue would be the flavor of CAD in which to offer the
drawings. I use VariCAD and can import DXF and IGES files, but have
problems with 3D in one of those flavors (not remembering which one). I'm
sure other packages have similar issues but probably not with the same
flavors. Further exacerbating the problem is the CAD revision, if the
revision is too new, in many packages, even the version one less than the
current version will be unable to read the new one -- many people don't
automatically upgrade due to cost.

It's a good idea, I just can see why this could be a problem for someone
trying to offer the service.