John Thompson

Default Does anyone still make tape measure refill tapes?

I just replaced the tape on my Stanley 1"x25' tape today. Somehow, the
tape around the hook at the rivets had started to tear, and I let it
snap back too hard yesterday, and it ripped the hook off with a piece of
the tape. Didn't think anyone would carry replacement tapes anymore, so
I was planning to buy a new 25' measure today. They were out of the
silver bodied ones like I have, but surprise!, there were some
replacement tapes. Took some work to get the spring would up right, but
now I've got a like new tape in a beat up body (the tape measure, not
mine!).

John