Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.survivalism,sci.electronics.repair,rec.backcountry,rec.knives
Bruce W.1 Bruce W.1 is offline

Default Does anyone know a good LED pocket flashlight with decent brightness

DaveT wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 07:13:58 -0700, t_gibson48 wrote:

I'm looking for a small LED flashlight to carry with me:

- Short and thin enough to fit in my pocket (around 4" length)

- Uses AA or AAA batteries (easy to find, not lithium)

- Has decent brightness (enough to read a house number)

- Lasts longer than 2 hours

- Reliable switch

- Should be able to withstand sweaty hand or occasional water splash

The closest thing I've seen is an Inova at Target, but the light is a
bit dim and the runtime is only 2 hours.

Thanks in advance -

Google 'Fenix leds' if they are available in your area. Their 2-AA Cree
LED puts a 4 cell Maglight to shame on full power. For a basic Led have a
look at the single AA Gerber Ultra, still has battery saving electronics
in it (makes batteries last longer).

I'll second that. The Fenix L2D can't be beat:
https://www.fenix-store.com/

You might enjoy the Candlepower Forums, where they take flashlights
seriously:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/