Posted to rec.woodworking
Woodie[_2_] Woodie[_2_] is offline

Default The horrors of bleach!!!

I've neglected my tools for two months now. I haven't been in the shop
in that long, I admit.
But I wasn't prepared for what I saw on my tablesaw today.
A two inch thick layer of sawdust on the cast iron top, with a leaking
bottle of bleach sitting on the sawdust.

Apparently my ex wife (as if I needed another reason to be angry at her)
allowed a neighbor to use the saw some time ago while I was out of town.
He didn't clean off the sawdust. Why the leaky bleach bottle was placed
on top I'll never know.

Bleach is a powerful oxidizer, and it took 15 minutes with a nylon scrub
pad on the ROS just to get the caked, rusty sawdust off.

But now I've got these huge black stains on the top that will probably
never come off.

Grumble, grumble...