Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Roof with three layers of shingles - dangerous?

"Ben" wrote in message
I moved into my house not too long ago and had the first occasion to
want to go up to the roof yesterday. It looks like there are three
layers of shingles. I've read that you should never have more than
two layers of shingles because of the weight. How much should I worry
about this?

Thanks for your input,
-Ben

In addition to what the others have said, I'd pay a visit to whoever did the
home inspection and kick him in the teeth. Then get your money back.