Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default OT..... Fuel Efficient Vehicle Recommendations

In article , Ashton Crusher wrote:
On Sun, 4 May 2008 12:31:43 -0700 (PDT), komobu
wrote:

Hi;

I have an 2006 vehicle with a V-6 in it that only gets about 18 MPG in
the city. I
don't do a whole lot of highway driving and have put 16,000 miles on
it over the last year. I am thinking about trading it for something
more practical. I am looking for something less than $20k with an
automatic trans that gets 30+ mpg.

Any recommendations as to what I should check?

Thanks
Pat

My dad has a 3 year old Pontiac Vibe (badge engineered, it's a Toyota
Matrix). Its automatic with the base 4-cyl and he gets around 30+
around town.

I rented a Chevy Aveo and I got around the same, 30 more or less, I
didn't check it but one time and mostly it was on the freeway at high
speed. They were advertising new ones here for $11,000. I assume
they had no options. My dad paid $14,000 for the Vibe. The current
new Vibe is a redesigned model.

Earlier this spring, I paid $3300 for a used Saturn SL2. I'm getting 29mpg
city and 34 highway.